Thursday, June 13, 2013

Colorful Chevron



I think I just died! I seriously love this design so much! I saw a picture similar to this on Pinterest but it wasn't watermarked and the website it linked to was in a completely different language, so I have no idea who originally did this design :/ Sorry my friend!

I first did a base of Lime Crime "Milky Ways", then the colors I used were Orly "Lemonade", Essie "Boom Boom Room, Essie "in the cab-ana", and OPI "Eurso Euro". And I was lazy and didn't want to use tape and have to wait for each color to dry so I just freehanded it with a thin brush. I know the lines aren't perfect but what do you expect. I think it came out pretty darn good! And as far as being lazy, this ended up taking 3 hours because I'm such a perfectionist, I should have just done it with tape anyways! Haha oh well.







Do you guys love this as much as I do?! It's one of my favorites that I've done! Can someone come pick me up off the floor now?

xo, Colleen

6 comments:

  1. I love this color combination, I need to learn how to do the Chevron style, do you free hand it or tape off each one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you actually read the blog post I said I free handed it :)

      Delete
    2. sassy :) I meant did you freehand each one on top of each other (like layers) or use tape to kind of guide each color?

      Delete
    3. Hehe :) Yeah I freehand each on but the actually colors don't overlap. Like it's not layer after layer of polish. Each color is just right up next to the other, if that makes sense.

      Delete
    4. oh wow! That looks hella good for doing them right next to each other. I'm going to try this out this weekend, fingers crossed ;)

      Delete

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!