Sunday, November 11, 2012

Turquoise Stone Nails

I was inspired by this picture/tutorial on Pinterest and my nails were already painted a turquoise color the day before so I decided to give it a shot. I'm not thrilled with how it came out. I liked it better before I added the "cracks" but oh well. Practice makes perfect right! (And I'm sorry for the inconsistencies in my nail lenghts and shape. They are still growing out from acrylics and this is the worst they've been since I removed the acrylic).



First, start off with a turquoise base. I used Wet N Wild - I Need a Refresh-Mint.
(Sorry for the Instagram pic)


Then scrunch up some plastic wrap.
(Where I first went wrong. All I had was bubble wrap so I couldn't get it scrunched enough.)
Then paint on your black polish and dab it on a piece off paper to get off any big blobs.
I used Orly - Liquid Vinyl


Then dab it on your nails until you get a pattern that you like. And clean up around the cuticles with some polish remover.


Then with a black striper add some small "cracks".
(This is also where I messed up.) I feel like mine are too thick and poorly placed.


Finish off with a topcoat and you're done!


Hope you enjoyed! I'll be doing this again in the future because I really do like the look. Hopefully I get better results next time!

xo, Colleen


Instagram: @lusterlacquer
ManiDiaries: @LusterLacquer








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!