WHAT YOU NEED:
- Nail Polish Remover
- Nail file
- Nail Clippers
- Cuticle Remover
- Cuticle Pusher
- Cuticle Nipper (I only use this if i have a piece of hanging cuticle/skin)
- Cuticle Oil
- Nail Strengthener
- Remove any nail polish and wash hands. If your nails are stained and you want to whiten them, they do sell whitening pastes but I just use a mixture of Baking Soda and Peroxide and scrub the nails with a brush. A tooth brush will also work.
- If you need to clip your nails do so. Then file and shape them how you like. Do not saw back and forth with your file. I usually file in one direction towards the center.
- If you like you can soak your hands and nails for about 5 minutes in a warm soapy water. Then pat dry. I usually skip this.
- Apply cuticle remover and let sit. (Mine says 15sec, i usually do about 30sec).
- Push back cuticles and remove any excess skin on nail plate.
- Nip any excess hanging skin but do NOT clip cuticles.
- Rinse off all excess cuticle remover.
- Apply cuticle oil and massage into cuticles, nails and hands. Let absorb if you can.
- If your nail strengthener is not an actual polish apply now. I use a cream. Again massage into the nails and let absorb. If your strengthener is a polish, after letting your cuticle cream absorb, wash your hands and now apply your strenghthener.
- Now you are basically done. You can leave the nails bare if you like but I recommend always having your nails polished in some way. Even if it's just a clear coat.
Sorry no pictures with this post. Kind of hard to take pictures myself when both hands are being used. Maybe i will update this later on if I can get my hubby to take pictures maybe? But I think I explained it really well.