Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Nail Care Routine

Here is my basic nail care routine. I do this at least once a week. It might not be correct but it's what I like to do. You can follow what I do or tweak it to what works best for you. You do not have to use all these same products, these are just what I currently use, and they do change from time to time. And I don't do all these steps all of the time. I do them as I need them.

WHAT YOU NEED:

  • Nail Polish Remover
  • Nail file
  • Nail Clippers
  • Cuticle Remover
  • Cuticle Pusher
  • Cuticle Nipper (I only use this if i have a piece of hanging cuticle/skin)
  • Cuticle Oil
  • Nail Strengthener

STEPS:

  • Remove any nail polish and wash hands. If your nails are stained and you want to whiten them, they do sell whitening pastes but I just use a mixture of Baking Soda and Peroxide and scrub the nails with a brush. A tooth brush will also work.
  • If you need to clip your nails do so. Then file and shape them how you like. Do not saw back and forth with your file. I usually file in one direction towards the center. 
  • If you like you can soak your hands and nails for about 5 minutes in a warm soapy water. Then pat dry. I usually skip this.
  • Apply cuticle remover and let sit. (Mine says 15sec, i usually do about 30sec).
  • Push back cuticles and remove any excess skin on nail plate.
  • Nip any excess hanging skin but do NOT clip cuticles.
  • Rinse off all excess cuticle remover.
  • Apply cuticle oil and massage into cuticles, nails and hands. Let absorb if you can.
  • If your nail strengthener is not an actual polish apply now. I use a cream. Again massage into the nails and let absorb. If your strengthener is a polish, after letting your cuticle cream absorb, wash your hands and now apply your strenghthener.
  • Now you are basically done. You can leave the nails bare if you like but I recommend always having your nails polished in some way. Even if it's just a clear coat.

Sorry no pictures with this post. Kind of hard to take pictures myself when both hands are being used. Maybe i will update this later on if I can get my hubby to take pictures maybe? But I think I explained it really well.

xo, Colleen

Instagram: @lusterlacquer
ManiDiaries: @LusterLacquer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!