Sunday, December 1, 2013

Duh-Nail Polish - It's A Misfits Holiday Collection

Today I have the twelve piece It's A Misfits Holiday Collection from Duh-Nail Polish. I like a couple from this collection but overall I wasn't very pleased. The biggest problems I found was terrible settling that didn't want to mix and they are quite thick and pull during application. So much different from previous polishes I've received from them.



SUCH A MISFIT
White crelly base with blue pink and gold glitters. This is a little thicker than I'd like but it wasn't terrible. It also glows in the dark which I totally forgot and didn't get a picture of. This is two coats.



ABOMINABLE SNOWMADS
Another white crelly base with larger blue and pink glitters. Also glows in the dark but again I fail at life. Haha! Here is two coats.



SPOTTED ELEPHANT
A light gray crelly base with light and medium pink dots and white hexes. Again a bit thick :( This is two coats.



SNOW MISER
A shimmery white crelly base with purple hexes and tiny blue glitters. Again thick formula, and just nothing spectacular. This is two coats.



MISFIT ISLAND
A blue crelly base with silver, blue and white glitters. I love the color of this but just wish the formula was better. Again two coats.



CHARLIE IN THE BOX
This one is a little bit more unique. A shimmery green base with multicolored glitters. Two coats.



CHRISTMAS TOWN
A light green base with gold and silver glitters. One of the thickest ones. Two coats.



MRS CLAUS SUGAR PLUMS
A purple jelly base with various magenta and purple glitters. I really really wanted to love this one! But I just could not reach all the beautiful glitters and again the formula was just too thick.



HEAT MISER
A really pretty bright red with gold flakes. This one of the better ones as far as formula goes. Not amazing but definitely better. Two coats.



SHINY RED NOSE
A pinky red jelly with scatter microglitter. Again not so bad on the formula on this one. But the settling was awful. This has small circle glitters in but as you can see, I didn't get a single one. Wah wah!



JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE
A clear base glitter topper. I really like this one and how this came out but I have seen it done before. Here I've layered it over Nicole by OPI "Please Red-Cycle".



SILVER AND GOLD
The name basically explains it all. This is really pretty and I really like it over this dark gray base. This is over Zoya "Kelly" my first and favorite Zoya polish.



So overall I probably wouldn't have purchased any of these myself. Some of them had great potential but just fell short with the formula. These are all available now at http://www.etsy.com/shop/duhnailpolish. And be sure to follow on Instagram @duh_nailpolish!



DISCLAIMER: These polishes were provided to me for the purpose of swatch/review. These are my 100% honest opinions. I was not compensated in any way nor am I affiliated with Duh-Nail Polish products.

1 comment:

  1. Silver and Gold is gorgeous! Too bad about the thick formulas :/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!